- Report to your assigned test center by the Reporting Time (8:00 a.m.) listed on your ticket. You will NOT be admitted to test if you are late.
- Bring a printed copy of your ticket to the test center. You will not be admitted to test if you do not have a printed copy of your ticket.
- Bring acceptable photo identification. You will not be admitted to test if your ID does not meet ACT’s requirements.
- Testing staff will check your photo ID and ticket, admit you to your test room, direct you to a seat, and provide test materials.
- Bring sharpened soft lead No. 2 pencils with good erasers (no mechanical pencils or ink pens). Do not bring any other writing instruments; you will not be allowed to use them.
- Be ready to begin testing after all examinees present at 8:00 a.m. are checked in and seated.
- Please note that ACT may visit test centers to conduct enhanced test security procedures including, but not limited to, collecting images of examinees during check-in or other security activities on test day.
- Do not engage in any prohibited behavior at the test center. If you do, you will be dismissed and your answer document will not be scored. Note: For National and International Testing, you will be asked to sign a statement on the front cover of your test booklet agreeing to this policy.
- Once you break the seal on your test booklet, you cannot later request a Test Date Change, even if you do not complete all your tests.
- A permitted calculator may be used on the Mathematics Test only. It is your responsibility to know whether your calculator is permitted. Please refer to the ACT Calculator Policy.
- If your calculator has characters one inch high or larger, or a raised display, testing staff may seat you where no others can see the display.
- A short break is scheduled after the first two tests. You will not be allowed to use cell phones or any electronic devices during the break, and you may not eat or drink anything in the test room. (If you take the ACT Plus Writing, you will have time before the Writing Test to relax and sharpen your pencils.)
- Students taking the ACT (No Writing) with standard time are normally dismissed about 12:15 p.m.; students taking the ACT Plus Writing are normally dismissed about 1:00 p.m.
- On some test dates, ACT tries out questions to develop future versions of the tests. You may be asked to take a fifth test, the results of which will not be reflected in your reported scores. The fifth test could be multiple-choice or one for which you will create your own answers. Please try your best on these questions, because your participation can help shape the future of the ACT. If you are in a test room where the fifth test is administered, you will be dismissed at about 12:35 p.m.
- If you do not complete all your tests for any reason, tell a member of the testing staff whether or not you want your answer document scored before you leave the test center. If you do not, all tests attempted will be scored.
Test Day Checklist
Chadron High School Guidance Counselor